Monday, October 24, 2016

Famous Last Word: October in a Post

This week, I did reading from Tejas folk stories, and for the first time in several weeks, I felt inspired to write a story for this class! In other classes, I have been bogged down with lots of papers and excessive work assignments, which I will also be discussing in this post.

This Class
In this class, a story about a woodpecker finally inspired me to write a story for this class and my portfolio. I know that I lose points by not writing a story every week, but if something doesn’t call out to me to be a great potential story idea, I am not going to force myself to write a story about it and I certainly do not want to make my classmates have to read my forced writing! It has been a few weeks, but I am excited to announce that I finally have some great creative juices flowing and a new submission to my portfolio (you should go check it out).

Other Classes
Other classes this past week have literally exhausted the life out of me. I pulled all nighters both Tuesday and Wednesday nights, with only a couple of hour long naps to keep me going in between. So much was due! That is okay though, because now it is done and I am feeling better than ever about the work that I turned in. This semester has been tough, but it will be worth it if my grades are high in the end.

Outside of School
I have decided to take the next two weeks off of my boutique job in order to focus on my studies… you know it is bad when your mom calls you and asks if you have been having any fun! I think she’s right, it is important that I have fun with my friends outside of school.
My promo job has no big projects coming up until the Baylor game, which is also great. My internship is the only place where I need to dedicate time, and it ends in December. I need to be as strong for it as I possibly can!

Next Week/Upcoming Weeks

My schedule for the next few weeks is not as heavy, so I am trying to get ahead in this class so that I am not bogged down whenever the other classes decide to pile all of the work on again. Wish me luck!
Me Last Week

No comments:

Post a Comment