Monday, October 3, 2016

Famous Last Words: Journaling an Escape


Journaling with Coffee is my Happy Place

To me, writing is an outlet that when utilized correctly, can open doors to so many worlds and different levels of the imagination. As a Public Relations major, many people probably assume that my best writing is done in the classroom, but that is not true. The best writing that I do is done in my own personal journal.
A History of my Journaling
I have been journaling since I was probably 8 years old. Though I do not still have those “diaries”, I do have my old notebooks from as far back as my sophomore year in high school. Looking back at how much my life, ideas, and thought processes have changed over the past six years is amazing, and I am so glad that I have had the chance to keep them going. It is sometimes a struggle trying to keep up with journaling while in school, but I do the best I can and keep especially life changing moments in there, even if I have to just randomly scribble them in.
Outside Influences
Other people influence my journaling by influencing my life. If someone is doing something particularly interesting, I’ll write about it. It’s fun to look back and read about what others were doing at certain time periods, and hear how my relationships with other individuals have changed. My sophomore year of high school, I became super close with my now best friend. Seeing how our relationship has changed over the years as we have grown is extremely fascinating and I love to see how things evolve.
Ultimate Goal
One day, I hope to have a daughter and be able to hand my journals down to her. I would probably give her one or two a year, starting when she is 15 so she can see where I was in my life at those points in time and know that everybody has struggles and adventures, even if it is hard to comprehend a past you never lived in.

No comments:

Post a Comment