Sunday, October 9, 2016

Growth Mindset: Nowhere I'd Rather Be



The Beauty of OU

My entire life, I went to small, private, “college prep” schools. Every day I would get up, throw on my plaid uniform, go to school, have my jumper measured in my first period class to make sure it was long enough, etc etc. It was a routine that I had. Each day when I would walk down the halls I would see the same faces (there were less than 400 of us in the entire high school) and hear rumors about the same people. If something even reasonably dramatic happened in your life, everyone in the building knew about it within an hour of you. That is just how it is.

I am blessed in that my parents let me pick where I wanted to go to college, and, of course, I chose OU. The reason I chose it was for its size and structure. Yes, the school is big, but so are the hearts. When I toured, everyone on campus was so loving and kind and helpful, I felt instantly at home. The only changes I would make are the bike lanes (which, honestly, need to go). Other than that, I love this place. I have grown so much while being here, both academically and personally. I physically cannot picture myself anywhere else.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you were able to find a home here at OU! It is a pretty amazing place. I am not as involved as I would like to be, but I do agree that the people you encounter are almost always happy and helpful. Even though it is a big school, there are multiple opportunities to find a place you fit in and I personally think that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete