Sunday, September 18, 2016

Feedback Focus

How I picture I look while working on activities for this class
The three techniques associated with this assignment (reading out loud, copy-and-delete and use a timer) kind of reminded me of focusing techniques that would be used in a middle school study session to help students learn what type of learner they are. As someone with ADD and Auditory Processing Disorder, I have taken a lot of these "learning and focus tests" and love trying new ones. Below I have ranked the techniques from favorite to least favorite and given a reason why!

1: Copy and Paste
            This one was my favorite because it is a method I sometimes use mentally while doing my reading notes each week in this class! It is also an approach I had never heard of before, which made it even more interesting to me. I need to start doing this for some of my other classes!

2: Reading Out Loud
            This one is fine to me, but because of my auditory disorder, reading items out loud makes them (literally) go in one ear and out the other. It would not be very helpful for me just because of my situation, but I still think it can help students who are auditory learners quite effectively.

3: Use a Timer

            Though I loved this story (Zoology 1114- I was actually laughing at how relatable it was since I took that class once upon a time) this method gave me ANXIETY. I kept looking at the timer and stressing out over how much time I had left instead of focusing on the story. Not the best method for me. For procrastinators who like a good challenge, this technique would be a good fit, but not for me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment