Thursday, August 25, 2016

Storybook Favorites

The storybooks were absolutely fascinating to me for me to browse through; it was interesting to see the origins of which many derived. My absolutely favorite stories were the ones about mermaids because of my obsession with them when I was younger. Today, I am going to be focusing on:


The Little Mermaid (not the Disney version, obviously)
I had heard this version of the story before, but, of course, I was young and found the entire thing disturbing. This time, I actually enjoyed the gruesome version. One thing I found interesting is that the image they had used to portray Ariel looked extremely similar to the Disney interpretation, which I would have initially assumed would have been avoided.  

The Ghost Chasers
I liked these because the stories written by "Tom" were not at all what I had expected... they were not the terrifying nightmare stories that ghosts are always included in. The coloring and images provided made for an amazing ambiance on the page, which really sucked me, the reader, into what was being said. 

Cupid on Trial
Though this page was not very well designed (it was white, very bland, etc) I enjoyed the stories and the fact it was written in a play/stage format rather than a story one. It made for conversations to flow in my head better than they would have otherwise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment